KIAC seeks to be a trusted resource hub and to support the initial adjustment and ongoing flourishing of immigrants in our community. They are open for clients to drop in Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00-6:00pm.
We are here to serve immigrants with services including:
- Paperwork and phone calls: Help with reading and writing documents in English or Spanish, filling out forms on paper or online, and making phone calls
- Bills: Help with applying for financial assistance for medical bills or setting up payment plans.
- Learning English: Information about local English classes, and 1-on-1 conversation practice
- Doctors: Free Medical Clinic, 4th Tuesday each month, 1:00-4:00pm
- Dentist: We have a mobile dental clinic visit our center every few months to perform extractions, fillings and cleanings.
- Clothing: KCIA partners with New Beginnings Closet (4171 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, 2nd Floor, building says “TAXES” outside) for a giveaway event the 3rd Tuesday morning of each month for those in need. Clothing for all ages as well as other necessities available. Suggested donation $1-5.
- Preparation for the citizenship test and interview: Tutoring in English and civics
- Drivers’ Info: Drivers’ Info: How to get your license and insurance, help registering for upcoming drivers education classes in Spanish
General information and referrals for other needs, including information about school enrollment, health insurance, help for victims of domestic violence, housing, employment, mental health services, civil legal aid, and other resources. While they cannot provide case management, they will do their best to act as your interpreter and help you seek resources to navigate difficult situations.